“The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations.” Benjamin Disraeli
The theme for my Inspirational Quotes community for the month of November is “Wisdom”! This month I will include intelligent quotes, proverbs, sayings and lyrics about “Wisdom”!
1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things”
(Henry David Thoreau).
a. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge:
“In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations” (Maya Angelou).
b. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.
4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.
5. Wisdom Bible Wisdom of Solomon.
[Middle English, from Old English wsdm; see weid- in Indo-European roots.]
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright 2000 by
Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
All rights reserved.
1. the ability or result of an ability to think and act utilizing knowledge, experience, understanding,
common sense, and insight
2. accumulated knowledge, erudition, or enlightenment
3. Archaic a wise saying or wise sayings or teachings
4. Obsolete soundness of mind Related adjective sagacious
[Old English wīsdōm; see wise1, -dom]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998,